Former Scholarship Chair Chelsea Iliff visits KFAT 92.9 to promote last year's Country Fair, the ERSC's largest scholarship fundraiser of the year.
2020-2021 Scholarship Applications and Information
The Elmendorf-Richardson Spouses’ Club (ERSC) Scholarship Program provides financial assistance to deserving applicants to further their education at an accredited educational institution. The ERSC awards these scholarships on the basis of community service, personal achievements, academic achievements, and a submitted essay. A scholarship award may be used only for the payment of tuition, books, or school fees (to include room and board) and is paid directly to the school.
The Scholarship Selection Committee determines the number of scholarships and their value in relation to funds available for disbursement.
SCHOLARSHIPS WILL BE AWARDED IN THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES:
1. Graduating High School Senior (Graduates of 2020-2021 School Year). Applicants must plan to be students at an accredited college, university, or vocational/trade school for the 2020-2021 school year.
2. Adult Continuing Education (Undergraduate and Graduate Students). Applicants must plan to continue working towards an undergraduate or graduate degree or certification for the 2021-2022 school year.
1. To be eligible, applicants must have a high school or equivalent diploma with plans to attend further education classes within the next school year. Applicant must be a family member possessing a valid military identification card who is the son/daughter/spouse of:
An Active-Duty Military Service Member who is assigned to Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson (JBER).
An Active Guard or Reserve Component Service Member assigned to a unit on Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson (JBER).
A Department of the Army or Department of Defense civilian employed at Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson (JBER).
A Retired Military Service Member residing in the Municipality of Anchorage or the Matanuska-Susitna Borough.
A dependent of a deceased military member.
2. All applicants who are chosen to receive scholarships will be required to show their valid military identification card to the Scholarship Chair prior to the Scholarship Awards Ceremony on May 19, 2021. If necessary, the applicant’s sponsor can show their military identification card along with the dependent’s birth certificate. We want to assure you are in fact, a dependent while preserving personal security. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any specific questions.
3. Applicants are NOT eligible to receive a scholarship if any of the following apply:
Acceptance of a military academy appointment.
Acceptance of a four-year full scholarship (i.e. full tuition, room and board, and fees).
Previous ERSC scholarship recipients are not eligible to receive the same scholarship a second time. However, they may receive one undergraduate scholarship and apply again for a graduate/continuing education scholarship.
1. Applications must contain all items listed below. The Scholarship Selection Committee will not consider incomplete applications. Applications may be typed or handwritten.
• Completed Scholarship Application Form (Page 1)
• Current official transcripts. Transcripts of your academic achievement are required. If you are a high school senior, please request transcripts of your high school studies. If you are a freshman, sophomore, junior or senior in college or graduate school, only college transcripts are required.
• Applicant’s Statement of Intent (Page 2)
• Personal experiences and service (Page 3 and 4)
• Two letters of recommendation (Pages 5 and 6)
• Essay (Page 7)
2. If you are unable to complete any of the requirements specified in the Scholarship Application please contact the Scholarship Chair at email@example.com.
To apply for an ERSC scholarship
please download the following:
- ALL APPLICANTS please click here to download the ERSC Scholarship Eligibility Form.
CLick HERE to learn more about our previous Elmendorf-Richardson Spouses' Club undergraduate and graduate awardees!